The 20th Annual Autumn Charity Challenge
October 19/20/21, 2018
Hotel Westport, Westport, Co Mayo
Dear Friends and Supporters
Thanks to those of you who have supported the above and welcome to those of you who are considering this event for the first time. Our upcoming Autumn Challenge Weekend is aimed at assisting people who encounter specific challenges in their everyday lives; and at the same time allowing participants the opportunity to experience the great outdoors while helping a wide range of voluntary led projects..
We will be based in the luxurious 4 star Hotel Westport, which is conveniently and scenically located within easy walking distance of Westport town centre – generally regarded as one of Ireland’s more attractive towns. We are offering a choice of guided walks through the magnificent Mayo countryside that will cater for all levels of fitness.
The walks on offer will include a choice from: an ascent of Mweelrea (the highest in Connaught); a circuit of the challenging Glendahurk Horseshoe in the Nephin Mountains; a fully guided ascent of Croagh Patrick – Ireland’s much famed pilgrim mountain; a chance to complete the Tochar Phádraig Pilgrim Path; or an easy Nature and Heritage Walk led by an experienced enthusiast of our history, culture, and environment.
This weekend will be organised by mountain climber and hillwalker John G O’Dwyer, who has long experience of leading walking groups both in Ireland and abroad. He is ably supported by Josephine Tobin, Dan Condren, Ray Creaney, Jimmy Duggan, Brid RyanBourke, and Tina Bourke – all of whom have much experience of leading walks at these challenge events.
The cost is €199 (per person sharing) for the weekend including accommodation and breakfast on Friday and Saturday with gala dinner and entertainment on Saturday along with use of the hotel’s spa and swimming pool. The number of places available this yearis unfortunately limited but an immediate deposit of €60 payable to Michael Sutton will secure your place.
Online payments can be made to Michael Sutton. NB: Please reference your name.
01 Bank Account Number: 20883040
02 Sort Code 98-63-04
03 BIC (SWIFT) Code: ULSB IE 2D
04 IBAN: IE26 ULSB 9863 0420 8830 40
05 Branch: Ulster Bank, Liberty Square, Thurles, Co Tipperary
You can now reserve the above weekend for a most enjoyable and social autumn outing. For further information – contact me as below.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards – Michael Sutton
Michael Sutton, 17 Willowmere Drive, Thurles, Co Tipperary, E41 P9E5
Tel: 0504-21482 or 086 – 4009989
E mail: email@example.com.
Facebook: mid tipp
SHARE OUT OF FUNDS GENERATED FROM 2017/18 CHALLENGES
01. Respite Ireland – Carmel Needham €1,000
02. LARCC – Lakelands Area Research Cancer Counselling €1,000 Clare Bohan
03. SEMRA – South Eastern Mountain Rescue Association €1,000 Winnie Flynn
04. Roscrea Bereavement Support Group – Eileen Kennedy 500
05. Haiti IT Educational Upgrade Project – Breda Sammon 500
06. Guide Dogs for the Blind – Billy Shanahan €1,500 Scottish Bikers Challenge
07. Gortnahoe-Glengoole Vincent De Paul – Liam Egan 100
08. Upperchurch Vincent De Paul – Connie Ryan 500
09. Suir Haven Cancer Support – Chrissie O’Meara €1,500
10. Thurles Order of Malta – Carmel & Joe O’Halloran 500
11. Templemore College Student Support– Ray Creaney 500
12. Josephine Connaughton – Brittas Vet Clinic Cancer Fund 100
TOTAL AMOUNT PRESENTED €8,700
Above figures include contributions by:
Chrissie O’Meara €1,000
Jane Nolan O’Leary 500
Raffle in Sneem 400
Total €1,900 (Michael Sutton)